Building Community Relationships: Gaining and Maintaining Public Consent
In today''s environment of skepticism and public suspicion about business and business leadership, for most businesses and large organizations gaining and maintaining public consent to operate, build, expand or simply to keep operating has become an ongoing top management concern. The community relationships needed to achieve consent require engagement on many levels with those directly affected publics and audiences.
New ground is being broken by Wal-Mart and others to go directly to voters and around decision-makers when the public process seems designed to stop growth or progress rather than consider, evaluate and judge.
This seminar will outline the practical necessities and action elements that lead to gaining and maintaining public consent:
- Seven elements of highly effective community relations programs
- Community communication realities
- How to build community trust
- Core value sensitivity
- Messages and behaviors that kill relationships
- How to identify what your publics are concerned about
- Ten ways to lose trust and credibility
- Communication techniques that reduce the media''s power