Saint Arnold Brewing Company Reports 14 Percent Increase in Production
Achieves Record Production of 66,587 Barrels, Prepares to Start Canning in 2015
HOUSTON, January 16, 2015 – Saint Arnold Brewing Co., the oldest craft brewery in Texas, today reported record shipments of more than 66,000 barrels of beer in 2014 while also unveiling plans to start packaging two of its year-round beers in cans next month.
Saint Arnold's year-end report on production revealed:
- 2014 was the fourth consecutive year that Saint Arnold's production has grown by more than eight thousand barrels from the previous year, representing a 14 percent year-over-year increase.
- While it took the brewery 16 years to reach the 30,000 barrel milestone for the first time, it has taken just four years to increase production by another 35,000 barrels.
- When combined, Saint Arnold's rotation of seasonal beers was the brewery's top seller, with Saint Arnold Fancy Lawnmower Beer and Santo rounding out the top three.
- Saint Arnold Ale Wagger (formerly Saint Arnold Brown Ale) was the brewery's fastest growing beer, posting a 32 percent increase in production for the year and a 90 percent increase since the beer was renamed and aligned with animal welfare causes.
"We celebrated our 20th anniversary year by releasing 10 new beers, hosting some epic parties and raising over $250,000 for community organizations," said Brock Wagner, founder/brewer of Saint Arnold Brewing. "We have several new beers in the pipeline for 2015 and are currently busy putting together our canning line – it's like playing with an erector set for grown-ups. We are focused on continuing to foster the community of craft beer where Saint Arnold is sold."
Saint Arnold is currently installing an impressive new canning line manufactured by CFT Packaging USA. The new system, which is expected to be online by mid-to-late February, features a 20-head filler that can package up to 160 cans per minute, and a depalletizer from Ska Fabricating. The brewery plans to introduce Saint Arnold Fancy Lawnmower Beer and Santo in cans before the end of February with Saint Arnold Summer Pils to follow in April.
"We have been pushed by our customers to offer our beers in cans," said Wagner. "We plan to package our top sellers, and possibly add a can-only beer before the end of 2015."
Photos available for download:
Saint Arnold's canning line:
Saint Arnold beer cans:
- Fancy Lawnmower Beer: http://www.saintarnold.com/images/fancy_lawnmower_can_mockup.png
- Santo: http://www.saintarnold.com/images/santo_can_mockup.png
- Fancy Lawnmower Beer and Santo together: http://www.saintarnold.com/images/saint_arnold_cans_mockup.png
About Saint Arnold Brewing Company
Saint Arnold Brewing's 16 brews are made and sold by the company's staff of 70 dedicated employees. Ranked 45th on the Brewers Association list of top craft breweries, Saint Arnold was listed by USA Today as one of the "10 great places to see what's brewing in beer," and Smart Meetings magazine named it among the "Top 5 breweries to host an event." Saint Arnold is located at 2000 Lyons Avenue and its brewery tour and tasting is offered every weekday at 3:00 P.M. and Saturdays starting at 11 A.M. For more information on Saint Arnold's eight year-round and five seasonal beers as well as root beer, log on to www.saintarnold.com.